Capshaw

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kate...the precious things

I took this picture of Kate tonight before bed. She came in with my hat on so I had to get it. She was at my parents for the entire week last week and we really missed her. In that one week, it seemed she had grown up so much. She looked older and acted older! She is three going on 13! While she was there, daddy sent her the sweetest "missing you" card. I didn't know he was doing that and I thought it was so precious! It had a little dog on the front with some puppy dog stickers inside. She loves to play with stickers and anything that is artsy.....glue, gluesticks, paper, scissors. She is really into that. After she and daddy played last night and everyone was in bed, he played "You're gona miss this!" He said he was dedicating that song to last night.....it is true...it will go by so fast! We listen to music a lot around here...we all love it and Kate loves it. She loves to sing!

Today as I was picking she and Foster up from the babysitter and driving out of the tree-filled neighborhood that I love, I said "oh how I wish we had trees in our yard so we could hang out outside in the shade," to which Kate replied with, "mommy just ask God for that and maybe he will give you that one day...put that our your PRAY list mommy." Oh, how cute! Isn't that all I need to do...there is nothing better than the child-like faith and there couldn't have been a better reminder to just ask God for that!

No comments: