Capshaw

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Balcony Friends!



Have you ever had a friend that when you talked about her, you got emotional because you love her pure and precious heart so much....well that would be my wonderful friend, Amanda. I am so very thankful for her and so thankful that the Lord crossed our paths 8 years ago in San Antonio, Tx. She taught me the meaning of BALCONY FRIEND...those friends who stand tall and cheer you on when you think you can't keep going and well, just cheer you on ALWAYS!! They stand up for you, would do anything for you, come over when you need them and always have just the right thing to say.... Since we met in SA several years back, we have always said we were "kindred spirits" and I truly believe that! When Matthew and I moved back to Dallas prior to she and Trey, we were sad that we would be four hours away and she gave me a little silver cross with a saying on the back. I still see that everyday as it sits on my bathroom counter! She is so very special to me! I love her heart most of all because it is so pure and always about the "right" things! Her little girl, Elise, is just like her....just precious! Thank you Amanda! I love you friend! Can't wait to cheer you on for you race on April 11! I had hoped to run it with you but the training just couldn't fit in to my crazy life right now! However, I was honored to have been asked and there is no other person that I would rather run a race with and obviously that holds several meanings!


2 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Amanda is a wonderful friend, and does have such a pure spirit around her. I love her 'calmness'. Aren't great friends just a blessing. Cherish every moment!

amg said...

Hey "SB!"
I just read your blog. It made me cry when I read what you wrote. I don't deserve such a sweet friend! I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for you. Thank you for always being an encouragement to me and for being one of my "balcony friends". I love you! I love you!!!!