Capshaw

Friday, October 17, 2008

Scottish Rite Appointment....yippie!

Well the latest on Kate's ankle is that we have an appointment with Scottish Rite on November 18. Actually, Foster's babysitter who is so amazing got me an application with a signature and all and was going to send it back with her daughter who is a nurse at Scottish Rite. I am sure you all know this, but you have to be accepted to be treated there and it is FREE. So, I mentioned to my doctor that I would be bringing a referral letter by to have her sign it so I could get the app in. She told me that she didn't feel they would accept her and she hadn't even thought about refferring her because of the condition...it isn't something they normally treat. I explained to her that I appreciated that and that I knew she knew what she was talking about, but asked her if we could try anyway. We ended the conversation with me just planning to bring the part of the app by that she needed to complete. However, we hung up the phone and she called back within five minutes. She told me that she decided to call in a referral which was this past Monday and we received an acceptance letter yesterday. WOW! That was definetely an answered prayer. Thank you all so much for the prayers, the phone calls and the emails.



Angels
Okay so we were driving home from school today and Kate really wanted to listen to her favorite song. So I was determined to find it especially after hearing Kate say, "mama don't say you can't...you can!!!" However, as I was looking down and driving, I look up only to find a car stopped in front of me....it was close! I cannot believe I even had a spot to pull over to the side so I wouldn't hit this car. I thanked God of course for our protection and then Kate said, "mama, the angels were watching over us!" They sure were!!! Needless to say we got home before I could find the song.

No comments: